Brad Engel, Preston Otte and Brad Volker, the golf professionals from Heritage Highlands Golf Club in Marana, AZ, teed off at 5:00 a.m. for five and a half rounds of golf during the 2011 PGA Golf Day. The trio played each 18 hole round in 2 hours and with help and encouragement ranging from spectators to residents delivering snacks and drinks.
“If you don’t stop playing and continue your momentum it’s not that difficult to play 100 holes in one day. Once your momentum is broken
it’s time to go to sleep,” said Volker in regards to the physical demands of 100 holes of golf.
The threesome was able to complete their marathon golf day in thirteen and a half hours and raised $6,000 for Special Olympics.
Three Golf Professionals From Sedona Golf Resort Help Raise Funds For Special Olympics By Participating In The 2012 PGA Southwest Section 100 Hole Event Jeremy Hayman, Gary Pearce and Chris Mandziuk of Sedona Golf Resort, joined 27 other golf professionals from the Southwest Section PGA (SWSPGA) to raise funds for Arizona Special Olympics by participating in PGA Golf Day. They each played the requisite 100 holes of golf on Thursday, May 31.
As of June 1, 2012, the 30 professionals who participated in the 100-hole event raised a combined $62,056, with Hayman, Mandziuk and Pearce accounting for $3,600 of the total amount.
Details of the fundraising program:
• Each PGA Professional pledged $1 per hole to support his/her own effort.
• The PGA Professional then solicited per-hole pledges for the 100 holes played from various sponsors including club members, friends, family, vendors and daily guests.
• Those electing to pledge simply visited the website of their professional, selected the amount per hole and paid with a credit card.
• The PGA Professionals played 100 holes of golf on his/her home course.
• Proceeds from the event support Special Olympics Arizona and the SWSPGA Foundation.
“This is my fourth year participating in the fundraising efforts,” said Hayman. “It’s really a good fit for us. We’re able to give back by leveraging our passion for the game of golf. On behalf of Gary, Chris and I, thank you to all who pledged their support to this very worthy cause.”